保温板生产厂家

Wuhan Cold Storage on Fire

Fire prevention and explosion protection in the cold storage have always been something we should pay special attention to, because in recent years there have been too many accidents in the cold storage, either fires or ammonia leaks and explosions. A cold storage project in Beijing not long ago caused a fire in the cold storage due to unlicensed construction by workers, resulting in a huge compensation of 1.47 million yuan and causing serious economic losses.

Early yesterday morning, a fire broke out in a warehouse with a 10,000-ton cold storage on Tuanjie Road, Xudong, Wuchang, Hubei Province. The fire was located on the top floor of the warehouse. The thermal insulation material chaff and rice husk caught fire. Fire officers and soldiers rushed to the scene shortly after the incident, and the fire fighting continued until more than 10 o’clock in the morning. Fortunately, the cold storage belongs to the demolition area, and there were no casualties.

Yesterday at noon, a reader called our newspaper’s news hotline 82333333 to report that the 10,000-ton cold storage that was being demolished on Tuanjie Road caught fire. When the reporter heard the news and rushed to the scene, he found that the cold storage had become a parking lot, and there were many buses parked. The fire building was located in the center of the cold storage. The windows on the top floor were still emitting heavy smoke, and the outer wall of the cold storage was blackened.

The inside of the cold storage was full of smoke, and the staff closed the site to prevent anyone from entering and being injured. Regarding the fire, the person in charge at the scene did not want to talk more.

The bus driver, Master Chen, introduced that when he came at 9 a.m., the fire officers and soldiers were extinguishing the fire. “I heard that a fire broke out at around 3 a.m., and the firefighters kept fighting the fire until around 10 a.m. before leaving.”

An insider who asked not to be named revealed that someone buying the scraps rented the warehouse. The cause of the fire was that when the scrap was being cut, sparks ignited the chaff and rice chaff in the insulation of the cold storage.

Last night, the reporter learned from the Wuhan Fire Department that an alarm was received at 3:45 in the morning. The Xudong Road Fire Squadron dispatched 5 fire trucks and 30 fire officers and soldiers. They arrived at the fire scene at 4 o’clock and used high water spray guns to extinguish the fire from the inside out. Control the fire at 5:17. Because the insulation layer is in the floor slab, the chaff and rice chaff are relatively tightly pressed, and they are in a smoldering state after the fire. The fire officers and soldiers did not completely extinguish the fire until 10 o’clock in the morning.

Through this fire incident, how should the cold storage do a good job of fire prevention? First of all, when choosing the cold storage insulation board, try to use flame-retardant B2 or above materials as much as possible, and do not use flammable wooden boards for the floor in the warehouse. Then it is not allowed to bring fireworks into the storage,
and no flammable materials such as chaff, rice chaff, etc. are allowed to be placed around the cold storage . Finally, fire inspection of the cold storage is carried out, and more fire extinguishers are placed near the storage.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top

Please tell us your request.

Phonecall: +86 0769 22282409

Email: info@coldstorage.cool